Saturday, August 6, 2011

MacBook Snow leopard boots to flashing question mark folder

Over the weekend I install Snow Leopard on my MacBook and all went fine and it rebooted automatically after Snow Leopard was installed. However on Sunday when I turned on the MacBook it booted and all I had was a flashing folder with a question mark. I have read several suggestion and so far have tried...

1)Holding down different keys (C, D & X) to specify the disk but it doesn't seem to find the hard drive at this points
2)Booting from a flash drive & Install DVD and use Disk Utility to verify/repair the disk
3) re-install Snow Leopard
4) re-install Leopard
5) Erase hard drive and re-install Leopard
6) Reset PARM (?) Think that's what it was called...
7) remove hardward and re-install (memory & Hard Drive)

The hard drive appears and shows as verified in DU and repair does not give any errors but if I try to boot using the hard drive, I get the flashing "?"
I've tried re-installs of the OS but once it's done and reboots I get the flashing "?"

I just can't seem to get by the problem but the hard drive appears "OK" when verified or repaired. What else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment